Here are some of my favorite fertility resources that are great for couples during the pre-conception period and beyond!
Feed Your Fertile Body!™ Program
I put this six-week program together for parents-to-be, and the ever-growing community of program instructors are available to help you prepare for conception and optimize your fertility by making simple adjustments to your nutrition and lifestyle.
Shopping Guides: Real Food and Non-Toxic Products
- Find real food with the Weston A. Price Foundation’s annual Shopping Guide. Available as a hard copy and as an app for mobile devices.
- Environmental Working Group
- This site allows you to view ingredient and rating information for thousands of skin and body care products. Search for toothpaste, shampoo, deodorant, sunscreen, and more on the Skin Deep database. The EWG has a series of consumer guides (including their water filter guide) listed on www.ewg.org/consumer-guides where you can read helpful information on a variety of topics relating to the selection of food, cleaning products, water filters, and more.
Limiting Toxic Exposures
Further Learning Reading Materials
Nutrition, food preparation and the food system in general:
- Sally Fallon and Mary Enig, Nourishing Traditions
- Sandor Katz, Wild Fermentation
- Weston Price, Nutrition and Physical Degeneration
Nutrition for pre-conception, pregnancy and beyond:
- Sally Fallon Morell and Thomas Cowan, Nourishing Traditions Book of Baby and Child Care. Includes great information for pregnancy, postpartum, baby, and child care.
- Kristin Michaelis, Beautiful Babies; Nutrition for Fertility, Pregnancy, Breastfeeding and Baby’s First Foods
- Rebecca Fett, It Starts with the Egg: How the Science of Egg Quality Can Help You Get Pregnant Naturally, Prevent Miscarriage, and Improve Your Odds with IVF
- Lily Nichols, Real Food for Pregnancy
- Catherine Shanahan and Luke Shanahan, Deep Nutrition
Applying the Fertility Awareness Method:
- Toni Wechsler, Taking Charge of Your Fertility