These are some of my favorite fertility resources. They are great for couples during the pre-conception period and beyond.
Feed Your Fertile Body!™ Program
I put this six-week program together for parents-to-be, Prepare for conception and optimize your fertility by making simple adjustments to your nutrition and lifestyle.
Shopping guides: real food and non-toxic products
Find real food with the Weston A. Price Foundation’s annual Shopping Guide. Available as a hard copy and as an app for mobile devices.
Environmental Working Group
This site allows you to view ingredient and rating information for thousands of skin and body care products. Search for toothpaste, shampoo, deodorant, sunscreen, and more on the Skin Deep database.
The EWG has a series of consumer guides (including their water filter guide) listed on http://www.ewg.org/consumer-guides where you can read helpful information on a variety of topics relating to the selection of food, cleaning products, water filters and more.
Fertility resources: home and body care
Why clean up your home and body care routine? http://www.feedyourfertilebody.com/detoxifying-home-body-care-routine/
Basic body care tips: http://www.feedyourfertilebody.com/body-care/
Laundry care essentials: http://www.feedyourfertilebody.com/cleaner-laundry-options/
Limiting toxic exposures
Considerations about your drinking water: http://www.feedyourfertilebody.com/clean-water/
Mercury exposure: considerations for preconception and pregnancy: http://yourprobiotickitchen.com/mercury-pregnancy/
Limit your exposure to glyphosate and heavy metals: http://yourprobiotickitchen.com/heavy-metals-glyphosate/
Nutrition, food preparation and the food system in general:
- Sally Fallon and Mary Enig, Nourishing Traditions
- Sandor Katz, Wild Fermentation
Nutrition for pre-conception, pregnancy and beyond
- Sally Fallon Morell and Thomas Cowan, Nourishing Traditions Book of Baby and Child Care. Includes great information for pregnancy, postpartum, baby and child care.
- Catherine Shanahan and Luke Shanahan, Deep Nutrition
Applying the Fertility Awareness Method, tracking ovulation and fertility to optimize conception:
- Toni Wechsler, Taking Charge of Your Fertility
Education and training resources for practitioners
- Become a nutritional therapist: Nutritional Therapy Association: http://nutritionaltherapy.com/ntt-programs/
- Specialize in fertility: http://www.feedyourfertilebody.com/instructors/